Monday, December 13, 2010

Candy is Dandy for Christmas time!!!!!!

I love chocolate. I love it. I just love it. I know that God loves me because he blessed us while we are here with coffee and chocolate. Oh there is nothing better than these two things in life. These are the two essentials things in my life. ANYWAY...now that I got that out of my system. I could go on forever.

Here is a SUPER simple recipe for a great little treat over the holidays and let me tell you from my toughest critics that this is truly a hit! My son told me I am a genius (which I think I am so I am glad he is finally on the same page!). I found this recipe the other day on My Computer is My Canvas by Colette but I have seen it elsewhere also. My sister-in-law had made these and I thought they were cute a while back and when I saw it on Colette's blogs I just had to make them. She made them with the peppermint kisses which are great but VERY strong peppermint flavor so I decided to mix it up! Please check out her site. She has the most amazing printable for this that she made. How cool?! Really check it out and you could totally make little bags of these up for neighbors, friends, or even your children to share with classes.
The end product! Yum (o;

Here's what mine look like. I made dark chocolate kisses, milk chocolate kisses, hugs which is the white chocolate with white chocolate inside, and the peppermint ones as well. I found the peppermint at our local grocery store, Giant. JUST A QUICK TIP...the different chocolates have a different melting point which completely did not even pass through this poor little mind of mine. The white chocolate hugs (which by the way I hate calling it chocolate when it is not chocolate whatsoever) melted SUPER fast in comparison to the white and the dark chocolate. I would suggest to always do the white separately since the time is just a bit less for that. You do not want to end up with a mess!

Anyway...it's so easy. Here's what you need...
Baking Tray
Wax or Parchment paper
Bag of Square pretzels (My personal preference is Snyder's and I'm sorry but everytime I look at the bag I just wanna say "OH SNAP!!!!!!")
Hershey's Kisses
Hershey's M&M's
(I live in PA so...GO HERSHEY!)

Square Pretzels & Kisses
M&M's

These are ready to go into the oven. Place one kiss on one square pretzel. Make sure they do not overlap whatsoever!
Put one little M&M on each and push it down slightly. Let these cool in the fridge or anywhere cold. Our enclosed sun porch works WONDERFUL when it's so cold outside.
DONE!
So that's it! My hubby is going to be a happy camper taking these into his Christmas party at work tomorrow. When I was making them he really didn't believe it was as easy as I told him and he couldn't believe how quickly they were done. He did steal some already to test. I am also making some homemade biscotti but these were the easy peasy recipe. Now onto the more time consuming recipe. I hope you get to try these because they are fabulous and especially the dark chocolate kisses. YUM!

On a totally 'me' note, I was listening to music while writing this post and heard the Happy Holiday by Bing Crosby (Beef Wellington Remix) and I thought, "Man...I need to put that on my mix for my blog because I love it!" Yeah...I was listening to the mix on this blog. HELLO?!?!?!?! Sheesh...I am one tired mommy. I need a nap myself. (o;

Have a fabulous day and I pray these little treats will be a blessing to you and yours!

God bless! †

No comments:

Post a Comment