Monday, March 28, 2011

Buffalo Chicken Dip

This dip has always been a hit everywhere we go. I love it! A friend asked for the recipe so I thought I would just post it. This is really just the recipe on the Frank's Red Hot website but I have made two key changes that I personally think are genius but that's just me. I put mine in a little crock pot that I won during our White Elephant game one Christmas. That game itself deserves it's own blog post. Hilarious! I also do not use the canned chicken like they call for in the recipe. I stew two boneless chicken breasts for about 4 hours with some special seasonings. It makes the whole house smell AMAZING and you can use that chicken to make the BEST shredded chicken tacos ever. My mom always made the chicken that way growing up so it comforting to have that smell wafting through our home. Thanks, Mom! The dip has a totally different texture when you use the shredded chicken. I just think it's so much better for dipping rather than getting chunks but that's just my personal preference. If you like the canned stuff...go for it! This is just how I make it.

I am going to try making a Barbecue Chicken Dip using barbecue sauce and ranch dressing instead. I might need a second little crock pot. That way I can make BBQ and Buffalo at the same time. That would be cool. 

Here's the recipe and if you want the official Frank's Red Hot recipe you can click here.

This is the picture from the Frank's Red Hot website since I wasn't able to take a picture. There was too much going on Friday to remember everything. I do have to say I think they garnish it with some chives and red pepper. I might add that next time!



Ingredients:
8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened (microwave it straight from the fridge for about 30 seconds)
1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
1/2 cup any flavor Frank's Red Hot Sauce
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2 cups shredded stewed chicken meat
** I take 2 boneless chicken breasts and put them in the crock pot about 4 hours ahead of time with water (about halfway up the chicken), tons of paprika, pepper, and kosher salt. I also quarter an onion for flavor only and drop that in as well. When you take the chicken out from the crock pot you will be able to just easily shred it with a fork. Make sure you keep the shredded meat in the juices from the crock pot or it will dry out. You will see that the chicken will actually soak up that awesome broth and get just super yummy.
 
Directions:
Place all the ingredients into a small (4qt) crock pot and mix really well. I keep it on warm so that each time someone gets dip it's still nice and warm! Yes...it's really that easy.

If you don't have one of these little crock pots you should get one. They are great for dips or doing smaller crock pot meals. I seriously will put two chicken breasts in and then use the shredded chicken with some taco seasoning for shredded chicken tacos and it totally feeds our family of 5 (for now because they are small enough to not eat a whole lot yet) and still have left overs. I found the same one I have here if you are interested in getting one. I love mine. Love it! I even just thought to myself...who needs a fondue pot when you have one of these little guys. Hm...I have a fondue pot and I love that but I'm just sayin. You could totally do fondue recipes in this as well on the cheap. 

I hope you have a blessed day! †


·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ Rebecca ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ

No comments:

Post a Comment