Monday, March 28, 2011

Chocolate Chip Oreo Truffle Cookie

So I don't know if you have seen these chocolate chip cookies with a whole oreo baked inside of them but they looked WAY to awesome to not try making them. Our church's youth group was holding a coffeehouse Friday night and I had volunteered to make food. You could volunteer to do an act or food. YEAH that's a no brainer! I signed up to make a dip and some cookies. I only knew I wanted to make Buffalo Chicken Dip but the cookies I wasn't sure but I wanted to try something new. I get bored super easy making the same things and I love trying something new. It's always exciting to see how it's going to turn out and if you have a new recipe you can add to the recipe binder. (O:

Well I saw the chocolate chip cookies with the oreo in them. If you want to see that post click here for that. I made some cupcakes for a friend's little boy who just turned 1. I totally forgot to take pics of those but they turned out cute. They were owls and it was just yellow cake mix for the cupcake BUT inside the cupcake was baked an oreo truffle minus dipping it in the chocolate. What a brilliant idea. I had a ton of the oreo truffle mix left and didn't feel like buying another package of oreos for the chocolate chip cookies so...why not! I'll just take the concept of the cookies and cupcakes and experiment.

I made the cookie mix from this recipe which is the one for putting the whole oreo inside. I just made a ball of the oreo truffle and flattened it out a bit. Then I took the cookie dough and made a ravioli type of deal out of it. I made sure that the oreo truffle was covered and in it's new home without escaping. Then popped them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Parchment paper is the best thing ever invented, I don't know how I just found out about this, and it has become my new best friend in the kitchen. Let me just say that these puppies are HUGE. I mean you are wrapping a cookie around an oreo truffle. When they came out of the oven and I saw how BIG they were and they seemed hard, I was not very excited about these anymore. I actually thought about not taking them because everyone would hate them. I actually called them cookie bricks. You could totally build a house out of them and just gnaw your way out. I decided to just take them. Whatever. I tried and if nobody ate them at least they weren't sitting here in the house staring at me.

Chocolate Chip Oreo Truffle Cookies
Ingredients:
  • 2 sticks butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
  • 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 10 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Oreo Truffle mix (1 package of oreos and one package of softened cream cheese blended together in a food processor. Normally you would finish them off by dipping them in chocolate but I didn't go that far!)
Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until well combined.
  • In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add to the wet mixture and combine thoroughly. Stir in the chocolate chips.
  • Chill the dough for 15 minutes to make it easier to work with and to keep the dough from spreading when baking.
  • Using a cookie scoop place one scoop of dough on top of an Oreo truffle . Place another single scoop on the bottom of the Oreo truffle to create a sort of cookie ravioli. Seal the edges together to completely close in the truffle .
  • Place the balls of cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 9-13 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
Here is what I ended up with...



The funny thing about this is that everyone seemed to have love them. I had several people tell me they loved them and they were completely gone not even half way through the night. You know what that means. YOU get the recipe. If they weren't good there would be no way I would put you through the misery of getting excited and putting them up here only to have them be terrible.  I apologize for the terrible pictures. It was a very, very full day.

I hope you have a blessed day! †


·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ Rebecca ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ

No comments:

Post a Comment