Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The best Carrot Cake ever! (No, really!)

I made a carrot cake within the last week or so. Yes I am behind on my posts. It's not easy to squeeze time in lately with everything else I have to do in a day plus a first birthday, Easter, and the last of our Truth Project series BUT I needed to post this in case anyone was looking for a great dessert for Easter this year. I know it will be making an appearance at our dessert table.


It turned out super moist and everyone loved it here in the Miller house. I hope you love it, too!


Ingredients:

Cake:
2 c sugar
1 1/4 cup oil
4 large eggs
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
3 c grated carrots
1 c chopped walnuts (Optional)

Frosting:
- 12 oz powdered sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp milk

Directions:
  1. In large bowl, beat sugar and oil. Add eggs and beat well.
  2. Sift together flour, soda, cinnamon, and salt into egg mixture; mix well; fold in carrots and nuts
  3. Place batter in greased 9x13 pan; bake 30-45 minutes in a 350 oven. (Check center to make sure a toothpick comes out clean. The oven time may vary a little bit)
  4. FROSTING: Beat together powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, butter and milk; spread on cooled carrot cake.


This cake is so yummy and I can't wait to make it for Easter this year. Mmmm...carrot cake and a nice big, hot cup of coffee. What more could you want for dessert? I couldn't work chocolate into this one. Sorry! (o; I will however be posting my yummy recipe for Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter icing but that will be left for another post.

I hope you have a blessed day! †

·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ Rebecca ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ

No comments:

Post a Comment