Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday



I am so thankful for a day to reflect on Jesus suffering on the cross. He took the death that I deserve for my sins so that I could be made righteous by His perfect sacrifice. Until I fully understood grace and what God did for us because of how much He loves us, the cross never made sense and it was even offensive. I now can understand why we call the day Jesus was crucified 'Good' Friday.

Today I am just thanking God for providing a way for us to have eternal life through Jesus Christ, His son, who came and took the punishment we all deserve for our sins. What an amazing thing. I have never been given, nor will I ever, a gift so precious as being purchased through the blood of Christ. I thank Him for removing the veil from my eyes to see the truth. I know He will always be with me and pray for the strength to fight the good fight each and every day against the enemy who is truly real.

I am going to be spending the day trying to keep my eyes focused on Jesus. I am sure many tears will be shed as I am already in tears writing this post. What a great God we serve.





I heard this song maybe a week ago and it really impacted me. I hope it blesses you and reminds us all that He took our punishment. It was my cross...not His.




How wide is Your love
That You would stretch Your arms
And go around the world
And why for me would a Savior's cry be heard


I don't know
Why You went where I was meant to go
I don't know
Why You love me so


Those were my nails
That was my crown
That pierced Your hands and Your brow
Those were my thorns
Those were my scorns
Those were my tears that fell down
And just as You said it would be
You did it all for me
After You counted the cost
You took my shame, my blame
On my cross


How deep is Your grace
That you could see my need
And chose to take my place
And then for me, these words I'd hear You say

Father no
Forgive them for they know not what they do
I will go
Because I love them so



I hope you have a blessed day! †

·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ Rebecca ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ

No comments:

Post a Comment