Thursday, April 28, 2011

Sulky McSulkerson & The Clean Miller's

Here's an update on the cat front. Callie, our beloved cat, is still quite determined that if she sulks enough in our bedroom that we will send the big, black furball back from whence he came. She has earned herself a new nickname. Sawyer has his own new nickname but that's for whole other blog post.

Sulky McSulkerson (aka Callie)

While I feel bad for her...she really needs to just get over it! He barked at her when he first saw her and since then she has cursed the day he ever came into the Miller house. Now don't get me wrong she is starting to warm up but VERY slowly. She will come out of hiding, albeit in our room, when he is following me around upstairs. I did make her stay downstairs two days ago. Poor Sawyer looked so dejected because every time he walked over to her or even just to walk past her she would hiss at him. He just had this totally pathetic look on his face. I don't know how a dog makes a totally pathetic look but his took the cake. I felt terrible for him. On the flip side, she was WAY over weight. She has lost a bunch of weight from not hitting the food bowl constantly during the day since Sawyer is usually downstairs all day. He is crated when we are sleeping. He was used to that and then I don't have to worry if he is getting into anything, etc. Plus it gives Callie a chance to go downstairs to eat and walk around. Her food bowl is downstairs and I refuse to bring that up to our bedroom and further enable her stubborn sulking. She is looking good just in time for bathing suit season! lol

I have been on bathing duty for Sawyer. Mainly because Jared has no time  working full time, school 3/4 time, being Mr. Fix-It for me around here, plus squeezing in daddy time with the kids, and I can't stand a stinky dog. Well I can't stand a stinky dog if he expects me to actually hug him and pet him. I wouldn't be able to not do that though because he is too cute. Really I do have a 'stinky dog' patrol position here. Her name is Ava. If that dog starts to have that stinky dog smell she is the FIRST one to constantly be holding her nose and telling me he's stinky. Seriously they could use her as a human bloodhound. This kids nose is ridiculous. I can't even do the 'sneak some chocolate in the kitchen before going in to check on the kids' thing because she will smell it on my breath a block away and proceed to ask me what I was eating. Then if you don't tell her she asks to smell you. LOL I guess that keeps me from sneaking junk or it just means I have to find sneakier ways of sneaking treats.

I gave Sawyer his second bath yesterday. The kids wanted to come in and watch. Ian asked me if he was going to shake. He didn't see the first bathing episode so he was excited that mom might get all wet in the process. Sure enough, after I got him soaking wet and all scrubbed clean he decided it was time to get some of this water off of him. I did get soaked. He must have some super special fur or something because there was an extraordinary amount of water he shook from himself. The kids did help me towel him off.

Clean Sawyer. His hair looks so funny when he's wet!
Then I decided to bathe all the kids since the hubby was at class and it makes the night go much faster. Sawyer decided since they just had to watch him get his bath that he was going to watch them. He kept going in and checking on whomever was in the tub at the time. He has this fascination with drinking the bubbly, dirty, tub water. Gross! I guess it's better than toilet water though. Here's what some clean Miller's look like. (Unfortunately poor little feverish, tired, teething Lia was not amused for pictures. She promptly went to bed so no photos of her in all her crankiness.)

This picture reminds me of just how much smaller Ava is than Ian. Even though I see them everyday, you just lose perspective of it. Aw!




Ian! He's such a goof. He told me to make him have a mowhawk because daddy does when he gives him a bath. I told him I think this is technically called a fin but whatever. He was thrilled if you can't tell from his face.

Ugh...these curls! She looks like this after every bath. What a blessed little girl she is to have this beautiful hair.
The hubby installed a new garbage disposal Tuesday night AND he had a new dishwasher delivered. Happy Mother's Day to me! Both of which were broken. They came with the house so who knows how old they were. Since I have used the new garbage disposal I can not believe how quiet it is. The old one was definitely on it's last leg. The dishwasher gets hooked up tonight (I hope) and if it's as quiet as the disposal I might never even know when it's running. Oh the things that make a SAHM happy! This has been such a blessing. I can not even tell you the frustration that is caused when these type of things stop working. Now I am just nervous about our dryer because it seems to take at least to cycles to dry a load of laundry. It makes laundry time around here much longer than it needs to be. Our dryer is a real old one we actually bought used from someone we worked with so I don't know how much it's going to last but I am praying we can get at least another year out of it and maybe replace the washer and dryer next year with a pair of those super heavy duty huge load ones. Yes...that IS the technical term for it!

Alright it's off to do MOUNDS of laundry before it starts a revolt on it's own and then possibly some errands before the thunderstorms we are supposed to get today hit.


I hope you have a blessed day! †

·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ Rebecca ·.¸¸.·´´¯`··._.· ஐ

No comments:

Post a Comment